Pot Roast is an easy to make comfort food that is hearty, filling, and can easily feed the whole family.
Prep time 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees
- Cook time 4 hours
- Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Make pockets in Akaushi Roast to insert garlic cloves (1 clove to each pocket). Season roast all over with salt and pepper, then add roast back to pot and brown on all sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the pot roast to cutting board (or plate), add onions to the dutch oven and sauté until they begin to brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Return roast to the pot, add carrots, potatoes and celery all around the sides of roast
- Pour water with dissolved soup mix and optional red wine over roast. Add thyme and rosemary to broth. Bring to a simmer, then cover pot with lid and transfer to oven.
- Cook 4 hours or until the pot roast and veggies are tender.
Products Featured In This Pot Roast Recipe
Akaushi Beef Chuck Roast
Mama’s favorite on Sunday after church!
If the aroma doesn’t grab you, the flavor will keep you comin’ back for more.
Unlike most roasts, Click Akaushi Beef Roast comes from the under blade or shoulder area which produces cuts known for their rich, beefy flavor. Add some onions, carrots, potatoes and celery for that mmm-mm… perfect finish for that perfect family dinner.
Vacuum sealed 3.2 – 4.2 lbs. per package.